Blood pressure is that the force exerted by blood on the walls of the blood vessels. the traditional vital sign is 120(systolic)/80(diastolic) mmHg. The high vital sign is 140/90mmHg.
Hypertension if not taken into consideration or fluctuate often it can cause stroke, renal failure, aneurysm, hypertensive retinopathies like blindness.
A nutritional approach to manage Hypertension:
-Reduce salt intake- The WHO recommends reducing the salt intake to below 5g per day.
– Avoid Salty packet foods, namkeens, farsans
– Avoid food. Munch on fruits as snacks. Completely avoid outside snacks. rather than chips, wafers, fried items choose nuts, berries, yogurt.
– Stop alcohol and smoking.
– Lower the intake of sodium-rich foods, papads, pickles
– Exercise regularly. a minimum of 45 minutes of daily activity will help to stay the vital sign in check .
-Eat fruits, vegetables, and low-fat dairy products