Obesity is defined as an excess accumulation of fat that can affect both the physical and psychosocial health and well-being of a private.
Diabetes Mellitus may be a chronic metabolic disease that alters carbohydrates, protein & fat. it’s caused by the absence of insulin formation or defects in insulin uptake.
Insulin resistance is present in individuals who are obese and people with Diabetes Mellitus. In obese individuals, the quantity of nonesterified fatty acids, glycerol, hormones, cytokines, pro-inflammatory markers that contribute to insulin resistance is increased.
Insulin resistance is linked to obesity, hypertension & high levels of fat within the blood. Over time, insulin resistance tends to urge worse and pancreatic cells that are responsible to supply insulin begin to wear out. Eventually, the pancreas will not generate enough insulin to beat the resistance of the cell which ends up in higher blood sugar levels resulting in type 2 Diabetes Mellitus.
Weight loss Or lowering Fat can help the body respond better to insulin. People with insulin resistance can prevent or delay Diabetes Mellitus by following a healthy lifestyle and practice good eating habits.
Here are the 7 Tips to remain far away from Diabetes
1. LIMIT CARBOHYDRATES: Carbohydrates are a serious source of energy. they need a better impact on blood sugar levels. it’s best to avoid simple carbohydrates like polished rice, light bread, and switch to complex carbohydrates like oats, quinoa which help to stay you full longer and maintain blood sugar levels.
2. AVOID SWEETENED BEVERAGES: Hidden sugars are present altogether in processed and packaged foods like bottled juices, carbonated beverages, etc. it’s vital to read nutritional labeling before purchasing the merchandise.
3. EAT MORE FIBRE: Fiber is present altogether in fruits and vegetables. Daily consumption of vegetable salad and whole fruit will help to manage bowel movements, help in weight loss also as maintain blood glucose levels.
4. EAT HEALTHY FATS: Fats can either be helpful or dangerous. people that are obese are at higher risk of getting heart condition, therefore it’s important to consume good quality fats. Healthy fats are found in walnuts, flaxseeds, olive oil, and mustard oil.
5. GET ENOUGH PROTEIN: Proteins are building blocks of the body and are essential for muscle formation. Proteins are found in eggs, beans, nuts, fish, poultry, milk, and milk products
6. HYDRATE YOURSELF: the danger of dehydration is higher in diabetes. High blood glucose levels cause depletion of fluids. Therefore intake of a minimum of 8 glasses of water a day is vital
7. PRACTICE PORTION CONTROL: Eating day to day a balanced calorie meal is vital. Skipping meals or overeating on just one occasion results in weight gain.